Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Panel Radiators in Log Homes

Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
They are a little tricky to get mounted on those logs but I think they look good.
Gordy4JohnpipeSWEICharlie from wmass

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited April 2015
    Nice Harvey!!! It's trickey to mount anything in a full log home.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Ps I like the contrast the white rad gives to the dark wood.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    I agree. Everyone was pleased with the way it turned out.

BTW, the house has radiant floor but that didn't quite cut it. This room is cathedral. Full logs on all exterior walls and going up into the gable. Also, quite a bit of glazing respective of the room size.
    Rich_49Bob Bona_4
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Beautiful.What brand did you use Harvey and was there a wait time.Anything not in stock I have wait times of up to 3 months.Thanks.
    Harvey Ramer
  • 4Johnpipe
    4Johnpipe Member Posts: 480
    Beautiful! Do you mind if I use this to show my customers what the panels look like on the wall? Buderus has a good catalog however it seems to be aimed at the contractor verse the customer.
    LANGAN'S PLUMBING & HEATING LLC
    Considerate People, Considerate Service, Consider It Done!
    732-751-1560
    email: langansph@yahoo.com
    www.langansplumbing.com
    Harvey Ramer
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Nice job! The panel rads work well in almost all applications. Log cabins require floor rough-in so there needs to be a basement or adequate crawl space to install, but are a great choice for supplemental.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Thanks guys.
    The rads are buderous. I had a 3 day wait time, sourced through RE Micheals.

Feel free John.
    4Johnpipe
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Thanks for the info Harvey and for posting.Its these pics that show homeowners whats possible.
    Harvey Ramer
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019
    Nicely played! It's a craft to install a flat metal rad on a curved surface. That is a great heat emitter for log construction.

Also log structures can be tough to heat and get an accurate load number, infiltration never sleeps, and the ever shrinking logs need yearly inspection and caulking updates.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Harvey Ramer
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Looks great, I have a 1921 soft maple log home I will be working on this summer, if the builder ever gets the roof insulated and finished. I get to play with natural log shape, yay fun!
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
    Harvey Ramer
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    Beautiful. ..I've put a lot of The Buderus panel rads in....and never a problem. ..high qaulity. Mad Dog
    Harvey Ramer
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,019

Looks great, I have a 1921 soft maple log home I will be working on this summer, if the builder ever gets the roof insulated and finished. I get to play with natural log shape, yay fun!

I worked with a great log builder in Utah. He would mill, or flatten the bottom log so we could mount fin tube baseboard nice and plumb and rigid. It also stepped it in a bit for protection.
    He would do it with the chainsaw if we had the location to him early enough. He also had some custom routers that he could put the flat area after the logs were stacked.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    @Hotrod I was going to use Sammy screws and 3/8" rod to put the brackets on a flat plain. Your idea far is better for a new home or a job with a proper log home carpenter. I am pretty sure these old Maple logs would give me more fight than I would want.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating