Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monitor Problems

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
Since Monitor went out of business, and tech manuals can't be downloaded at their website, what would you do? These pics are from a project that doesn't heat very well. Funny, I looked at this home 15 years ago and prescribed something different....too bad the previous owner went with the lowest price.

Comments

• wogpa67
    wogpa67 Member Posts: 238
    sawzall comes to mind.
    icesailorTinman
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Oh my!
    Steve Minnich
  • Canucker
    Canucker Member Posts: 722
    At least the lines are insulated? :o
    You can have it good, fast or cheap. Pick two
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Always feel like I should be listening to some banjo music when I see some of these pics :)
    unclejohn
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Canucker said:

It's a shame to hide all that nice work with insulation.

Canucker
  • wogpa67
    icesailor said:

Canucker said:

:)
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    icesailor said:

Canucker said:

Key word being "hide". I wonder if they have any air issuses? The supplies seem to be growing Hy-Vents.
    Harvey Ramer
  • icesailor
    edited February 2015
    RobG said:

icesailor said:

Canucker said:

Key word being "hide". I wonder if they have any air issuses? The supplies seem to be growing Hy-Vents.

Those Hy-Vents can create more air issues than they will ever correct. Especially if they are high in the system and there isn't enough system pressure.

Always leave the caps loose so as not to interfere with the free flowing access for atmospheric air into the system. (Snark-o-meter set on #10)
  • Paul Pollets
    I know this is a sawzallectomy, if their ever was one.
    Shane said:

Always feel like I should be listening to some banjo music when I see some of these pics :)

I happen to play the banjo, but don't feel like accompanying this POS!!
    Mark Eatherton
  • Paul Pollets
    and btw, the owner called this morning and is willing to pay the costs of replacement and repairs. I was kinda shocked. Some paid less for their homes in many parts of the country than for what the repair bill will be.
    SWEIRobG
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Good to hear the owner doing the right thing. What is your boiler of choice?

And nothing against banjo. :)
  • Paul Pollets
    I'll be using a Viessmann Vitodens B2HA 35 with several mixing stations, VitoCell 79g solar indirect, new Viessmann Vitosol rooftop array and new distribution manifolds, either SBK or Uponor EP. The main floor suspended application will get "plated".
  • wogpa67

Shane said:

A new word for the next new dictionary. I love It.
    Sounds like a fun job. Need any help?
  • icesailor
    edited February 2015

Shane said:

Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn would make some nice rip out background music.

Or maybe Bela Fleck & The Flecktones with Victor Wooten ripping it on Bass. With Brother Futureman keeping Rhythms.

I'll come help if your not too far away.

SWEI
  • wogpa67
    Damn Ice I love reading your posts. But You like Bela Fleck and the Wooten brothers, that's awesome.
    Dan needs to give you a blog of your own. You are his caliber of telling stories.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    When you are finished, Paul , you will have restored the lady's peace of mind.
  • icesailor
    edited March 2015
    wogpa67 said:

Damn Ice I love reading your posts. But You like Bela Fleck and the Wooten brothers, that's awesome.
    Dan needs to give you a blog of your own. You are his caliber of telling stories.

You mean these guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnn5JNj_H38&index=17&list=RD8fu2s2H-hlc

At the end of the video, a bunch of thumbnails appear. The Futureman Solo is a classic. If you've never seen Futureman in person, you have something to look forward to.
  • icesailor
    Many of us learn our craft by diagnosing and fixing the mistakes of others and putting our education to use.

Some others have only made one mistake in their life. The time they thought they were wrong, then came to find out they were right.
  • wogpa67
    Which one would be the opener?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    Looks like the lowest price to me all right. That guy should be proud of himself