Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronics in Tehran

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
For years, I have corresponded with my friend, Roohollah Akbari, who does wonderful heating work in Tehran. He just sent me these before-and-after photos of a job he and his crew just finished. He explains:

"We have finished our new job which was about reinstalling a boiler room of a four-storey apartment building, which was installed nearly two decades ago. Three years ago, we partially removed its supply water system, which consisted of three threaded manifolds for domestic hot water supply and return, and city water. But, its heating system remained obsolete until last month when they decided to replace the old floor-standing Buderus boiler and supply-and-return boiler's collectors with new ones .Therefore, we offered moose-antler piping to control the temperature of the domestic hot water tank and supply system."

And here's how it went. I'm proud of him.
Retired and loving it.
MikeL_2

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Roo is quite a nice guy isn't he Dan ? Spends alot of time in the Flo Pro neighborhood .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Great guy. We've spoken on the phone a couple of times. His English is terrific. Such a smart man.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Looks like iron and labor were a lot cheaper there at one time. I don't recognize what type of flex is in the new piping. Corrugated stainless?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Dear Friends ,

I on behalf of my crew would like to thank Prof.Holohan and all of those who teach and support us over years to recognize the exact reality of Hydronics .Now we appreciate their hospitality and kind words that always encourage us to keep learning and doing our best .Also, we are extremely grateful to you all for allowing us to be members of this scientific atmosphere.Moreover, I make a sincere apology for applying wrong English words or informal one in my writing .I am an English student ,and in need of studying more and more .

With regard to the question , Here, Iron pipes (non galvanized ) is the only choice for installing the boiler room in different sizes .This pipe has been used in boiler rooms since the arrival of hydronics in Iran .Certainly, the low price of labor and affordable expense of buying Iron pipes and fittings are the elements that engineers and home owners prefer to use them without hesitation.Also, scarcity of copper pipes (such as Viega ) and exorbitant price of copper is the reason that Iron pipes do not give way to new systems .For clarity of what I mentioned above ,Iron pipes have produced in different thicknesses ,and we only use the pipe and fittings which are labelled in Sch 40 for better longevity .As you see ,we weld pipes and fittings together (butt joint ) and the process is Shielded Metal Arc Welding .

As regards the second question , those corrugated black pipes are conduit and we usually use Uponor Aqua pipes for hygienic systems such as Supply water ,domestic hot water and domestic hot water return ,and we always use corrugated conduit to cover the Aqua pipes for preventing mechanical damages and to Insulate them .

I am sorry for the long reply ,and hope I explained it clearly .

Thank you for your time ,

Sincerely,

Roohollah
    RobG
  • NYplumber
    NYplumber Member Posts: 503
    Roohollah, recognized you from the other site. Always good work and creative welding of the tanks. What do you use for water treatment as steel pipe is more susceptible to oxygen corrosion over copper and other products.
    :NYplumber:
    Roohollah
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Dear NY plumber,

I am really sorry for being late in answering your question ,and I do not know how to apologize it Sir .This delay has happened due to my unfamiliarity with this valuable web site .But, I promise that it will never happen Sir.

You are right .Always, Oxygen ,the brutal enemy of heating systems bring us to our knees .Here, Closed circuit boiler room's piping shall last 25 years and more if the filling water is city water which is drinkable .Actually , In Tehran ,we never add chemical powders or inhibitors to heating systems because it is not accessible and home owners hardly ever pay its expenses ;in this case, we only use CS160 which protects the inside of the system against corrosion .

As for our installation of heating systems , we only use SCh 40 black pipes or thicker black pipes in only boiler rooms and we some times use Galvanized tanks in order to make buffer tanks .We inspect the systems after welding meticulously in order to remove any leakages from welded points .Fortunately, we almost always gingerly weld pipes and never use thin or So- Called strong pipes .As you may know, we only use Uponor for inside houses' piping and some times MLCP for Domestic hot - cold waters systems .

I am sort of talkative person ,and hope it does not bother you .

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I sincerely apologize for the accidentally delay in answering you .Sir ,

Happy new year , and wonderful start for the new year .

Sincerely,
    Roohollah