Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Panel Rads$$$$$$$

Options
jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
Good afternoon everyone.I just completed a job for a european family.We had four different catagories of heat existing baseboard on second floor and basement.Added radiant to new kitchen and panel rads in remainder of house.My question is the cost of panel radiators in comparison to what they cost in Europe.Tried numerous companies and they were all expensive in compared to exact product across the pond.I live on Long Island and understand the majority of people are used to baseboard.In my humble opinion I would rather panel radiators to baseboard any reps out there who could point me in the right direction for future project.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I think it's a supply and demand factor. They're no where near as popular here in the U.S. as they are over there.

I use Buderus and Pensotti and the price is almost identical between them.

For me, the nice thing about them is the ease of installation and the high level of comfort they give. Panel rads with TRVs, 1/2" al-pex home runs to a manifold and an Alpha pump is an amazingly simple and reliable system.

Much better than series looped BBs.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    We've used a fair bit of Myson over the years -- 95+% of it Select, which are priced quite attractively IMO. You're close enough that the freight won't bury you the way it does us lefterners.