Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Fire Side chats with the RPA...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
The RPA’s Weekly Live Chat… and how to get in on it!

On Saturday September 6th, the RPA’s first live chat session will go, well… live!

The bi-weekly, invitation-only chat sessions will feature guest speakers such as prominent industry authorities, manufacturers, contractors and other trade organization directors. 

One hour, open-forum discussions will cover a variety of topics, from ground-source heat pumps, hydrogen fuel cells and other emerging technologies, to controls, ANSI code and certifications that concern today’s installer or engineer.  During the first discussion, industry trainers Robert Bean and John Siegenthaler will team up to dispel the myths about radiant heating and cooling. 

Co-hosted by the RPA’s executive director, Mark Eatherton, and F.W. Behler’s Dave Yates, the sessions – currently called, The Boiler Room - will include 45 minutes of structured discussion before opening up for Q+A. 

Since attendance is limited, contact Eatherton (Mark.Eatherton@iapmo.org) to request an invitation.  Anyone can request a seat, but only RPA members will have access to recorded sessions in the RPA archives. Paid members will get priority over unpaid members if maximum available slots are filled for attending the show.

Soon after its first session, we’ll be looking to rename The Boiler Room, so join the name contest.  If you have a good idea for a name, email it to Eatherton.  If yours is picked, you’ll receive a lifetime chat session invitation and a $50.00 Visa Gift card.  Submissions should be sent no later than November 7th, and should be sent to Mark.Eatherton@iapmo.org

Don’t miss this opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of your industry, share your ideas with peers, or even become an interviewee yourself.   The one thing that hasn’t changed from the “old” RPA, is the sense of camaraderie and interest in a common cause, and the need to share vital information.

If you would like to be an interviewee, drop Eatherton a line and let him know what you'd bring to the discussion. New products? New applications? Interesting concepts? No holds barred. Just need to be interesting and knowledgeable.

Got a problem that can't be solved? Bring it to the discussion and let some of the worlds most knowledgeable hydronics brain trust give it their best shot.

Thanks to Dan and TLM for giving us the opportunity to present you with this information.
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Bump...

Still some seats available. Send email to mark.eatherton@iapmo.org

This is going to be fun and educational.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    I'm in...

...and looking forward.

Thanks, Mark.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I'm amazed this isn't sold out.

Such a critical mass of hydronic brain power. Wow.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Last chance...

We had a few people back out at the last minute due to changes in their plans. If you want to participate, drop me a line.

This is going to be very fun and educational.

ME

mark.eatherton@iapmo.org
  • Mark Eatherton
    John Barba and some family members of the Taco family will be our guests.

2 weeks from tomorrow,September 20th, noon Eastern time...

Send me an email at mark.eatherton@iapmo.org if you'd like to attend. Seating is limited.

Any time Barba is in the house, fun is to be had!!

ME
  • Mark Eatherton
    If you missed todays show, we will be posting it in our archives.

If you want to be a part of the next show, drop me a line NOW instead of waiting until the last minute. Seating is limited. Reservations are now beaing taken :-)

We had an excellent time busting hydronic myths. Thanks to John Siegenthaler, Robert Bean, Dave Yates and all of our attendees.

ME
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    edited September 2014
    I couldn't believe how good that was!

Especially considering it was the first time. I learned some new things and you guys really made me think. There were also plenty of laughs along the way. Here's to the NEW RPA! Long may you rock.

Mark, you're the best. Thanks for putting this together such a fine program for all of us.
    Retired and loving it.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Air Play

Looking forward to more of these. I used my AppleTV Airplay through my stereo so I could listen throughout my apartment, participate in the conversation, and watch the slides on my TV and laptop as I went about my Saturday rituals at home.

My wife wanted to watch some crap on TV but I won. Thank God for small victories.

Just saying.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    extremely interested

By the wat John,if I am seeing correctly with all your high tech gizmos looks like you have a table for applying makeup,lip gloss etc.I think I might try this on my next client,Will they appreciate a nice red lip gloss or what do you go for.On a serious note i am bummed I missed it but am going to sign up and try to catch up.Great stuff and thanks for sharing.By the way how did you do in Amagansett
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Somehow I missed this one

Put it on my calendar for the 6th, and then moved it to the 20th when Mark posted the Taco info above.  Sigh...
  • Mark Eatherton
    Thanks Dan.

I appreciate you allowing us to let people know of its existence here on The Wall. You will also be one of our interviewees in the near future.

The video is uploading to You Tube as I type this. The URL is http://youtu.be/0M26dSVqP_g

It will be available to anyone for this show, but from here on out, you MUST be a member of the RPA in order to view them. Join this very worthwhile organization won't you?

And thanks to our special guests and Dave Yates for being the man behind the curtain.