Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Antique something??

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
I found this in one of my crawl spaces mixed in with a pile of galvanized pipe and the big inserts that came from a converted coal boiler I assume. You know, the big iron ones that slide into the large passages.

Anyway, it appears to say Rich Fin and 30 gallons. There is some number before that but I can't make it out.

Does anyone know what this is?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    I'll guess...

... that it's a heat exchanger for hooking up to a 30 gallon tank for domestic hot water.  It would go in the fire box.  In cook stoves, they were called water fronts or water backs.  Maybe someone else will have a better informed guess!

Yours,  Larry
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    HX:

I think you have it. Especially if there is no plug in the second port. The ones I saw went on a Florence oil stove, like a side arm heater. Except they went into the side of a stove with the Kerosene pot burners. They were around when I started, but the Boss didn't service them unless we ripped them out.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    Interesting

Yep, no plugs in the first two ports, the second two have plugs. Looks like probably 3/4" NPT.

I was surprised I couldn't find anything at all on this. Usually when I find an old name on an item like this I can find something, but not this time.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment