Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Jstar to the rescue

Fizz
Fizz Member Posts: 547
J Star just left and will be coming-back to do work to correct prior documented problem with upstairs radiator.  In brief, my system is Richardson vapor, and the radiator in question is attached to line that is inadequate for attached radiation.  What we've decided is to remove one radiator from line and attach piping to more than adequate line so all radiators will have sufficient supply.  Currently there are 4 radiators with attached radiation of 80 edr to line that maxes-out at 60, by removing one rad of 20 edr we will be fine(this has been proven by shutting down one radiator so that radiator in question heats).  J Star traveled well over 2 hrs to get here exactly at 10AM, as he said he woule,  He was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable, and gave an estimate that is very fair!  Can't wait for him to do job.

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Congratulations!

Congratulations, I'm sure that you will get great service.

Rob
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Well....

....I better not screw this up now.
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    you won't.

if you can't do it, nobody can. :)
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Hap_Hazzard
    Hap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,846
    Yeah

Fat chance.

You're in good hands, Fizz.
    Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA
    1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Takes a lot of confidence

You have the attention of a lot of heavy hitters.2hr commute etc I hope customer really understands what it takes to get someone of your caliber to come.Hope the customer has breakfast and lunch for you everyday on a silver platter.The best dont come cheap so lets stay away from the reasonable price quote thing.
  • Fizz
    Impressive aray

of Steamers for sure!  Been following this site for years as a homeownwer and keeper of older steam system(Richardson), so when the best speak you listen and when the bell rings you answer!  These guys are or will be HOF'ers if such a thing exists in the steam world.
  • Fizz
    Job well done

by Jstar and his co--stars Noel and Edison came right on time and did the job at the quoted price, even though some un-expected(or should I say expected) old pipe problems had to be addressed.  They were prompt, professional, friendly and did excellent work.  System tested, seems ok, but Jstar said colder weather will be true test.  Feel relieved to have job done by Joe.
  • Bio
    Bio Member Posts: 278
    Re: Joe

I have no doubt that Joe is very knowledgeable and a great professional, he has done above and beyond for my systems, HIGHLY Recommended