Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam TRV

Options
unclejohn
unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
I have a customer with Danfoss TRV on two pipe steam rads. Her tenant says that last winter he could not sleep due to noise from the rads which he also said he could not shut off and that the rooms over heat. The only marking on the actuator is RA2000 that is connected to the valve body with a small set screw. The valve body has no markings other then the #1 where the steam line enters which would be at 6 oclock and the #2 where the valve connects to the rad at 9 oclock with the actuator at the 3 oclock position. My question is does anyone know if I can disassemble the valve and replace the guts. I tried to remove the valve body today and it won't budge. Although the genius that built the wooded cabinet around didn't help. 

Comments

• lza
    lza Member Posts: 40
    Options
    danfoss trv

unclejohn,

You couldn't break apart the union nut on the spud? 

I don't know if there is a rebuild kit.  Do you have one of the grey manual handle dealies than comes with the valve body?  Maybe its the operator that is faulty. 
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Union

Was easy. Its the steam pipe into the valve I could not turn. Mind you I could only get a 12" wrench on it. The next option is going to be removing the rad out of it's prison and then I can get a 24" on it. If the valve comes apart on the actuator side I have more room. Plus I not looking forward to hefting that beast.