Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

caleffi dirt seperator

jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
week two waiting for dirt seperator with magnet.our local rep said they are not a stock item?they have to test the market to see if they will carry them or not.Pity because I have one on my own boiler and by the way im in ny not the boondocks.Its a little frustrating when the homeowner keeps asking why it is not installed yet.how many excuses can you give.I am nearly at the point where I will cut out the one on my own boiler and install on this job.Hot Rod please help or is there another company that makes something comparable.My little Monday rant sorry.

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Caleffi

I usually get my stuff pretty quickly .  Certainly not 2 weeks out . Try another supplier , sounds like someone forgot about your non stock item and your order may be sitting on a desk , it happens . General supply and Ferguson usually expedite this pretty well .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited June 2014
    Part:

Is this "Rep" just a local wholesaler who told you that?

The Wholesaler I did 99% of my business with for over 40 years would have found and ordered anything on this earth available and had it delivered to the store.

You might need another "rep" to get you what you need.

Put your zip code in this box and it will show you everyone that sells them.

Some sales person is probably trying to meet a minimum charge before ordering your part. Buy it from someone who moves a lot of Caleffi stock. Or go to their web site and call a real Calefi rep and get the real story.

http://www.caleffi.info/dealerlocator/
  • jonny88
    its in.

Ice you wouldnt believe how big this company is but thats besides the point.After a discussion today we got it resolved.My supply house who I ordered it from unknown to me did not want to pay extra money to have it shipped quicker.So now it is in wholesaler ordered one unit and next week I need another.Really like the Caleffi products,I will use your link and order myself next time ,thanks
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    My supply house

With the ECM motors I told my supply house to get them in and sell them with any ECM motor.

So he brought 3 for stock and 1 for me, I also have a hydronic separator for my stock and they brought two in.
  • icesailor
    Freight/Shipping:

All the things I ever ordered from the large wholesale supplier I used had a huge inventory between their many stores. If the item was in stock at another store, they could have it in a day or few, depending on where the store was. It could be in New Hampshire. It depended on transportation. If it was something they had and I needed it quickly, it went UPS or whatever. I paid the freight and added it  on. If it was something that needed to be ordered in, the store manager always told me the situation and how soon did I need it, and did I need it next day, 2 day, or the various other methods, I pay. If it went through their transportation system, they took care of the freight. But they always told me what and where was going on.

Someone should have told you the situation. I would have been PO'd if that happened to me. Sometimes, things were ordered from the store I dealt with and someone in Central Purchasing dropped the ball. But someone should hear about it. It makes you look like a fool.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Someone from Caleffi called me yesterday

I think they think I'm johnny88.

Not so.

I have no issue and have had nothing but positive experiences with Caleffi.

Carry on.

John(NY) Cataneo

Gateway P & H

NYC
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • jonny88
    to funny

I have nothing but good things to say about caleffi and use their products all the time.My issue was with supply house and rep.Anyway I got the part installed and all is well.
  • icesailor
    Califfi:

That's usually my experience.

Why I was also so loyal to one supplier. They always made sure I got what I needed. Time is money. Driving around looking for a possible better price can cost money.