Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Whole house de-humidifier

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
I'm doing some a/c coil cleaning at a church which went well ( 1 rooftop unit, 1 traditional condenser on roof, 2 ductless units on ground.) in basement they had an old condenser unit. Inside by a window that was missing, 3 feet from that was a set of mechanical louvers that are suppose to open. Which they barley do, I think the motor is shot. Any ways now they want to put a de-humidifier in basement.

Any suggestions, I'm a Honeywell guy , any suggestion on the true dry DR 120,90 or 65 systems. Would I want to duct it out so I get the basement. Depending on size of basement should I just get the larger one & maybe but a vent in hall way, the person in charge may want one for upstairs also.

Once again any suggestions?

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Look at

Ultra Aire SD12 .  180 pints a day and 4300 BTU sensible cooling if needed
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks rich, what supply house has it.

GPS,

Johnstone ?

For right now it's a basement one side is 600 sq. other side of basement is 800 sq ft.

While we're on the subject. Can you give me a quick explanation how radiant cooling works. Or should I say what materials.
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Options
    In my area

I usually try to install central as with an air exchanger vs a dehumidifier, some places have more humidity issues and need a designated unit, but in most cases the ac works well...

I am installing 2 ultra aire units in a 2400 sq ft 2 story home in a couple weeks, their home will not stay comfortable with just central a/c, they need to set the temp way to cold to keep the humidity down on days where the dew point is any where near the air temp... But the house has some issues, running water under a crawl space {half slab on grade half 3' ft dirt crawl}..

Anyway, I use honey well, april aire, ultra aire, ect, they are all decent, you do get what you pay for, but they are now all pretty close in price, like always the install is going to be the make or break issue- size it correctly, install it by the book, insulate well, and set the controls up correctly....
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Options
    Church

Don't forget about ERVs.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Daikin Quaternity

ductless hp with internal solenoids allows indoor coil to be partially used as condenser effectively allowing for dehumidification without temperature change. very quiet.

I have also been using the White Rodgers stat with dehumidification control. This is just a relay in the stat that is unenergized until humidity level is reached and then energized. All my ecm units have the de terminal ready to go but if using on an older system a rib relay can be easily used to change motor speeds to slow airspeed over the coil until humidity level reached. I find bringing airflow back to 75% really gives a (properly sized unit) time to clean out the humidity.