Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hydronic or forced air heat

pappa
pappa Member Posts: 2
HI first time here I built a 32x40 residential pole shed with 10/12 pitch ,vinyl siding and a steel roof  a living area above [man cave]. so I will also need a hot water  heater  and air cond.

I  haven't done concrete yet would you suggest hydronic infloor  or forced air house furnace 96% efficient . I have ten foot  ceilings  if I do infloor how do I get air cond for the upper level. which will be the cheapest to run on nat gas. also by code I believe if I went forced air I would need two furnaces. I live in minnnesota

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Hydronic

Have a room by room heat loss done . Use the water heater as your source for space heating also  and put a properly sized ductless split for ac . More details would be good like is the upper level open to below ?  What are the R values of the walls , roof , how many , what type , what size windows and doors . Can you draw a floor plan showing these things for us ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • pappa
    pappa Member Posts: 2
    windows

it will have a separate entrance for up stairs I small window 10"x24" on the main level and upstairs 4 - 18x 30' windows . no insulation right now 
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Rich

Is right, radiant floor, ductless ac .