Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Happy Earth Day...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Do SOMETHING for Mother Earth today, won't you?

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    I remember the first one.

My joints didn't creak then. Ah, those were the days! 
    Retired and loving it.
  • kgk14
    kgk14 Member Posts: 24
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Replace

Today and everyday... good for the environment and the wallet!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    If it's yellow, let it mellow.

If it's brown, flush it down!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I met then President Jimmy Carter when the first one hit...

And it was on my Birthday to boot.

I shook hands with him and told him it was my birthday, and he said "Well happy birthday young man…" And I WAS a young man back then…http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=30746

I don't really consider myself a tree hugger, but my parents raised all of us kids with the modus operandi of "Want not, waste not", which I instilled into my kids, and they are instilling into their kids. And as the other person posted, reduce, reuse, recycle and conserve is now a good way of life.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    lol

Dan that's funny, I grew up on a septic system installed in a soil with a very high clay content.  My parents still practice this.  My dad's goal is to never ever have to replace or have the septic worked on, it's worked for 37 years.  I still do this even though I am on city sewer.  Old habits are hard to break.  Apparently we have been "green" all these years.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15