Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco pump is "clicking"

Santa_Bob
Santa_Bob Member Posts: 5
My Taco 007 circulator pump is making a clicking noise every few seconds. It sounds like a solenoid click. It is still running, and I still have heat upstairs. Would you guess I need to replace the cartridge? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    replace complete circ

The cost of a cartridge compared to the whole circulator, it is not worth just replacing the cartridge anymore. I would also look into a Wilo instead. They don't last like they used to
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

Hi, I'm not sure what the clicking noise is, butt I'm sure we can diagnose the noise if you can record it, and call me at 401-942-8000 with the recording.

The pump is covered under a three year warranty, so if it's a pump issue, which of course can happen, taco will replace it.

When you call, we will talk about your system to see if you have the right pump installed. You know, you can buy a pump or any from any manufacturer, but always consider the service after the sale. Look forward to talking with you on Monday.

Btw, I hope my big fingers didn't mess up the wording too bad, I'm using my incredible iPhone. Great too, and support!!
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions