Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Automatic vent dampener

Sparky09
Sparky09 Member Posts: 1
I removed my automatic dampener from my furnace and I have a Honeywell s8610u1003 control board. On the p1 plug of this board is where I would plug in wire for the dampener, since the dampener is gone how do I jump this do the furnace will work? Now I have a wire in the first and 2nd place, the furnace will operate but will not shut off when the call to shut down is sent from the thermostat... Any ideas?

Comments

• Removed the vent damper

Isn't that part of the system/boiler an important ingredient in the whole system mix? If it was needed in the installation (from the manufacturers requirements), should it not be kept?--NBC
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    UL Listings:

Not that you may care but the vent damper is part of the UL listing of the appliance. If you modify the appliance by removing the vent damper, it becomes a unlisted appliance.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Overrated

They are overrated in my opinion and when it fails the FIRST time, you've already lost any money it MAY have saved you.
    Steve Minnich
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Totally Agree

With tinman. Most of those dampers have 5 wires. Ground, 24v open and 24v close. The other two are the wires you need to jumper. Look at the motor and eliminate the ones going to the motor and the other two are what you want. But as you know be sure it all goes off when you shut it down at the stat.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    In order to get

system to operate after vent damper has been activated and a fuse blows inside the primary control, relay, module what ever. Remove the damper from the flue and at the primary control pull the damper plug and  jump the two middle terminals on the receptacle on the control. Test every thing to make sure all safeties are okay. This is supported by a factory bulletin from Weil McLain. If you would like a copy I can make it available to you.
  • kevin_58
    kevin_58 Member Posts: 61
    vent damper

Effical makes a jumper to bypass damper, they are sold with larger steam boilers that dont come with a vent damper.