Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone Heard of Cleaver Brooks OG Boilers?

Javelin
Javelin Member Posts: 138
Has anyone heard of Cleaver Brooks OG boilers? Can anyone tell me how to learn more? Where they hot water? Steam? Anyone who has any knowledge would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Cleaver

Did you search the internet ?  In 0.19 seconds I got 520,000 results  .just saying.  I do not know if they have an OG or not but you might find something.
  • Javelin
    Javelin Member Posts: 138
    THanks...

Bill,

of course I tried searching, but the Google search didn't provide anything further (which leads me to believe I might have the wrong name here - might not exist at all). I've found plenty on Cleaver obviously, but nothing specific to an "OG" series. Thanks anyway!

Jay
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Cleaver Brooks

I have been servicing CB's for 20+ years and still do several times a week.  The only model that had a G in it was the WGX series.  There was a series of custom industrial process watertubes built in the early 70's that may have had a G in the model number, but I am at a loss on the OG model number.

Do you have a picture?
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    OG

The only thing that I can think of would be "oil or gas", possibly a duel fuel?
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited February 2014
    OG's:

OGEE is a designed wood shape. You can buy molding with that shape.

Also, in Massachusetts (I don't know about other states). Cleaver- Brooks are large commercial boilers. Not found in 1200 Sq. Ft. Cape's and Ranch's. So as of some recent date, any commercial boiler running on Nat. Gas has to be able to switch to oil if it is too cold out and the gas companies are having issues with excessive demands that they can't meet. They have to be able to seamlessly drop off the gas grid and switch to oil during the emergency. Or so I was told. And why burner manufacturers like Power Flame have a GO-* model dual fuel burner.

I've not had the experience of a Cleaver-Brooks application, but maybe the "Cleaver-Brooks GO" is their boiler with their designed combination gas/oil burner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogee

Dual Fuel Model:

https://www.google.com/#q=cleaver+brooks+oil+gas+boiler
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    CB's

You are very correct Ice.

The smallest water CB is the Clearfire in 4 million Btu/hr.  They do have a version of the classic CB in steam that is supposedly available in as small as 15 boiler HP, but the smallest that I have ever seen is 80 boiler HP.  That would be 2 million Btu converted from boiler horsepower.

CB's are most often seen in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and universities.  They do have an industrial process line that we see in smaller manufacturing facilities.

I service one that is bigger than a 1,200 sq ft Cape.  It is making steam for a medical equipment manufacturing facility.

I was just looking though the CB Internal Tech secure website.  There is an OSSG model.  It is 227 Tons of steam per hour.  that is 500,000 lbs per hour.  That is A LOT of steam.  It is an industrial application boiler.  Heavy Oil Sands specific.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Keystones:

"" Heavy Oil Sands specific. ""

They gonna run a spur from the Keystone Pipeline and drop off loads of that Canadian tar sand crude while it is on the way to a refinery? To be refined into product to be shipped overseas and sold on the open market? (shipped back to the USA to be sold to the highest bidder on the Spot Market.