Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

South Carolina

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
We drove through the ice palace that currently (and oddly) is South Carolina today and saw an amazing amount of twisted tractor trailers on their backs and sides in the woods, on the median, and across the road (thankfully, on the other side). I'll never understand why those folks just won't slow down. This went on for 135 miles.

Dumb.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• jumper
    jumper Member Posts: 2,226
    other guy's fault

Often somebody passes 18 wheeler and then brakes hard. Happily drives on leaving jack-knifed behind.
  • DanHolohan
    Today,

each of these was immediately after a frozen bridge. Portions of clear pavement inspire 75 mph and then comes a sheet of ice. They went by us and nearly blew us off the road. Then we saw them 10 miles later. Horribly sad, and so senseless.
    Retired and loving it.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    what the heck

are you doing driving in that mess :)
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Snow bird….

Me thinks he's headed for the high sea's and warmer climes….

Drive safe Dan.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohan
    Snowbirds fly.

We're snow turtles. Driving to Miami to get on a big boat for a week. Then we'll work from down here for most of February. I brought the sloppy weather along because my life isn't exciting enough. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    West Palm Beach, FL

At West Palm Beach, FL at 9:00 AM today (1/30.2014) it is 64 degrees and raining.

Don't get sick on that boat.