Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Something New

Ironman
Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
I've often said that hardly a week goes by that I don't see something in this trade that I hadn't before. Yesterday, I had a call from a customer where their hunting riffle accidentally discharged while cleaning it and went through the boiler room wall. No one was hurt, thank God, but the Taco panel did get wounded. See the pics.
Bob Boan
You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    the Taco panel did get wounded.

You left out one detail: Does the Taco panel still work?  If it does, what a neat product endorsement!

Looks as though there should be a grommet or something there where the low voltage  end switch control wire goes out to wherever it goes. And the wire needs to be replaced.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Actually it's sick

Here is yet another horrible example of how people trivialize guns.
  • Ironman
    Still Works

I did some doctoring and it's working fine.
    Bob Boan
  • Ironman
    Please...

It's the desire of the owner of this site that politics be left out. Nobody's trivializing anything - neither guns or the people that pull their triggers.
    Bob Boan
  • Stekay
    Stekay Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2013
    Astonishing

I can't believe the frequency of people NOT removing the magazine, and checking the action, before cleaning any gun. This is all too common, especially amongst law enforcement personnel.

I guess it's like people NOT servicing their boilers.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Pretty Much

how it goes with vehicles, but we still give drivers licenses to teenagers, it's all about responsibility. Besides it was only a switching relay and it didn't even get hurt!
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Gunshot

I'm surprised the bullet wasn't aimed at the 007. Maybe if it was shot from a golden gun?
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    He Shot

the sheriff (SR) but he didn't shoot the deputy (007).
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Back when

I was a tech down at Ft Benning in the sixties, we got a call that an amplifier was out at one of the ranges. I put a spare in the truck and took a drive out to the range.

When I got out there i climbed up the ladder to the range control tower to look at the amplifier. When I pulled it off the shelf I found a bullet hole in the shelf and a 7.62MM shell lodged in the power transformer. The range control offices (SFC) was somewhat upset when I showed him the amp because it happened as he was climbing the ladder to the tower, all he knew was that the amp stopped working while he was climbing the tower. The tower was behind the line of fire so it was kind of interesting that a bullet ended up there.

I've always assumed any gun I handle is loaded and that there might be a shell in the chamber.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Ironman
    No 007

No 007 on this job. Maybe the SR was the closest thing.
    Bob Boan
This discussion has been closed.