Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quick EDR check

68GMC
68GMC Member Posts: 36
Just wanting to doublecheck, before I order a new boiler. One pipe steam. I have an IN6 now, on natural gas.

8 rads. Tube type, 7" roughly width. 3 rads 21" tall, I used 2.2 feet per section. 5 rads 26" tall, I used 2.6 feet per section. 3 rads were 16, 20 and 22 sections. 35, 44 and 48 feet, roughly. 5 rads were 8, 8, 9, 11 and 12 sections. 21, 21, 23, 28, and 31 roughly. Comes up around 250 sq. ft. EDR.

I'm looking at purchasing a Burnham IN4, rated for I believe 271 sq., ft. edr. Still over-sized somewhat, but I feel a good compromise.

And I think I'm going to order a semi-pak, minus controls. A knockdown may be cheaper, but I don't think I want to learn how to assemble a boiler from scratch. Unless anyone has anything to contribute to change my mind.

Thanks!

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    edited November 2013
    EDR Form

Hi- I've attached a form that will help you on the EDR. You might want to use this sheet to check your other numbers.

- Rod
  • 68GMC
    68GMC Member Posts: 36
    EDR form

Thank you. I did use the form, and the chart on Frans Rads website. I was hoping someone would chime in and reassure me that I used the right measurements, and used the right rad calculations. It seems too easy, that's all. 
This discussion has been closed.