Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Off Topic Firewood over state lines

billyL
billyL Member Posts: 3
I'm live in NH and want to bring firewood to Mass. Is this agaist the law? I think Maine has a rule about this but do not know about Mass. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,173
    Please don't

I'm not absolutely sure about whether there is a law about wood from New Hampshire to Massachusetts.  If there isn't...

But plain common sense should tell you not to even think of doing it.  There are several pests -- nifty little bugs -- which travel very happily on firewood from place to place.  Some of them -- such as the emerald ash borer -- are sufficiently nasty as to kill every single ash tree where they arrive, and then spread.

There is ample local firewood in Massachusetts (or any New England state, for that matter) to supply all you might every need, without the risk of importing problems from somewhere else.

So please, please, just don't do it.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    County lines, too!

Sometimes those restrictions apply to county lines, so check that out as well.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • MDNLansing
    MDNLansing Member Posts: 297
    Read about

what's happened in Michigan between the Upper and Lower Peninsulas. In particular the emerald ash borer and gypsy moth have caused big problems here. Previous poster is 100% correct. It's not good to do it. Law or no law.
This discussion has been closed.