Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermostat

Options
How long does it take to be 68 when it's 70 I have it set for 68 it keeps saying its 70-71 it's not really.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Continuing thermostat problems

You need to get a digital thermometer, whose accuracy is guaranteed . Put that right next to your thermostat to see if both agree on the temperature. I think your system is overshooting the target temperature, due to bad thermostat setup. Keep the thermostat set on a constant temperature all week (68 degrees), and see whether the temperature will even out at that setting.

If there are random fluctuations, then you will have to describe your system to us in detail, so we can advise you what can be done. The system as a whole must be considered, and not just one part.

Keep all of these questions, and observations in one thread, so that we only have to look at the top to find some information, instead of looking through a dozen different posts.--NBC
  • Andrew boiler
    Andrew boiler Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Update

The thermostat went to 68 then right away went to 71 I have it set 68 I have a fan going and windows open to see if that helps
  • Andrew boiler
    Options
    Thermostat

There is my thermostat do you think I need to get a new one?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Service Tech

You obviously are not willing to help anyone help you with this.

You cannot fix it by adding posts. One post with the info requested would resolve this.

You should call a service tech and have them fix your thermostat.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Andrew boiler
    Options
    Thermostat

I will let people help me out with this so I can fix this soon
This discussion has been closed.