Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressuretrol set right?

Is this pressuretrol (in picture) set right?

It looks like it is set to 10 psi?

Comments

• xcinek
    xcinek Member Posts: 14
    This is the 2nd pressuretrol

This is the backup pressurestorl which means if the first one malfunctions

this one will cut off the system and will not turn it on until you reset it with the red button.

hope this helps
  • PSI

Thank you.  Now, that I know that this is the 2nd Pressuretrol, does the PSI setting look right?

It looks the setting is between 8 and 12 PSI.

This seems rather high, no?  All of my radiator vents state to be careful about allowing any more than 10 PSI.

Please advise.

Thanks again!
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    You should find the setting on the other

pressuretrol. the one that operates your system. This one is set at an acceptable setting as an Emergency back up. Do you have another one?
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Backup Pressuretrol

Hi- Assuming that you do have two pressuretrols, this is a back up for the pressuretrol that normally operates your boiler. Its job is to shut down the steam system before the safety valve opens at 15 PSI. This is just an addition saftety device and, with proper system maintenance, not ever likely to be activated. The pressuretrol that operates your boiler should be set so the maximum pressure is 2 PSI or less.

- Rod
  • 1st Pressuretrol found!

Thanks for all your help! I found the 1st Pressuretrol on the side of the furnace and it is set to 1.5 PSI...

Perfect!

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.