Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It's that time again!

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,587
Looks like I will finally get to fire the boiler up tonight.

Anyone else stoked about the heating season coming back?
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    boiler

Working in San Fran for 20 yrs I remember that part of September and October were the only months you could shut down boilers for more than a week.  In July 2011 it never got above 60 degrees the whole month.  But starting my career in Denver yrs ago I know what you mean, I always loved the smell of an old boiler room when firing up the boiler in the fall.
    RJ
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    Let's not rush things!

Jeez, guys. I'm still trying to finalize the piping with Slantfin and convince a friend of a friend he needs to move up the date to go in business for himself, and start with MY install. He's a total pro, but no moonlighting. The other installer doesn't seem to know much more than i do, when all was said and done. I still have two good pipe fitters, but need someone to take all the elements and put it together. Not a DIY job, but I've sometimes felt it turning out to be one!!!
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Woohoo!

Windows open...64 degrees overnight! Can't wait for October.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Just turned

Cedric on for the winter.  Supposed to be in the 30s tonight... but I like fall anyway!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,587
    edited September 2013
    Names

You named your boiler Cedric? :)

I guess I could call mine "Mr McClain" but I would have to use a German accent.

Joe, it's supposed to get down to 37F here in NW NJ tonight. Its already 48F so my windows are closed.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Fall and Winter ? YES!

I have to admit that I am looking forward to firing the new baby up again. I still need to drain it down and flush it out with a wand. When I refill it I will run it about 30 minutes after steaming begins, but I'm waiting for a spell of really cool weather to do that.

We have been down in the 40s several nights here in the QC, but due to the amount of extremely hot weather we had before the temperature finally dropped, The building is still warm, about 72 throughout.
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
This discussion has been closed.