Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One pipe steam questions

Just got involved in this home with a modern Peerless steam boiler connected to a one pipe steam radiation system. Last season owner had issues with water squirting out of a radiator vent and damaging the wood floors. Beautiful home built in about 1930 era. All radiators have the original Vacuum air valves in place. Today the 20 year old Peerless boiler has a BFT&P getting its call from a 150 LWCO and #75's on both EOM's and a #75 on the vent of the BFT&P up near the floor joist. Pressuretrol is controlling fire on this system and not a vaporstat.  I have some ideas of what to do here but would like to hear from some folks with lots more experience on these one pipe systems than myself.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Steam

What is the pressure set at? Is the near boiler installed correctly?
  • MyName
    MyName Member Posts: 13
    One pipe steam questions reply

I had water squirting two occasions out of my steam radiators. What a mess. Once it was that the tankless coil inside the boiler for domestic hot water cracked and flooded the boiler. The other time it was a clogged pig tail that controls the pressure - an easy cheap fix. It took 4 technicians changing valves before they figured that one out.
  • MyName
    MyName Member Posts: 13
    One pipe steam questions reply

I had water squirting two occasions out of my steam radiators. What a mess. Once it was that the tankless coil inside the boiler for domestic hot water cracked and flooded the boiler. The other time it was a clogged pig tail that controls the pressure - an easy cheap fix. It took 4 technicians changing valves before they figured that one out.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Is your photo sideways?

If it is not then your vent is side ways.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • gh2538
    gh2538 Member Posts: 3
    Vent not sideways

Picture is sideways
This discussion has been closed.