Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quietest Boiler ?

Andy_27
Andy_27 Member Posts: 17
Hi All,

I recently lost my home to the fires here in Colo. My house had a four zone hotwater system that I loved and maintained. Since I will be rebuilding I would like your opinions on which of the current model boilers are the quietest. The boiler will be on the same level as my home theater system so I want to keep the noise level as low as possible.

I wish there was a way to test drive boilers like cars :)

Thanks

Andy

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Gas,oil?

Any gas mod/con is almost silent. With oil,System 2000 is quietest chimney vented. Firebird is quietest direct vent
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Boilers

You should be giving mod/cons a serious look.

Triangle Tube, Lochinvar, and Viessmann are excellent boiler and are well supported in CO. Triangle Tube has training facility in Denver with operating boilers. You may be able to see one run there. You could also have your contractor show you a previous installation.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Quiet

I did a home last year that has a vito 100 next to theater room.No sound problems.

Good Luck
    If you don't have time to do it right, what makes you think you have time to do it over?
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    pump

i think pump noise will be bigger issue than mod con boiler noise.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    installation matters also

Have the installer mount the piping and pumps on flexible attachments.

They have special metal tracks to fasten sheetrock to eliminate noise transmission, consider that for the mechanical room wall.

I installed Lochinvar Cadet in my home recently. It has a thick foam insulation jacket around it for heat loss and noise reduction. Most of the new ECM circs are super quiet.

Have them install a top quality air separator to eliminate any noise from the hydronic piping.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.