Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

on line parts pricing

Years ago, I subscribed to a regional hvac parts pricing company that furnished a binder with every mfg of parts related to your field of service (ie: Mcdonnell Miller 150 HD, $225.79), including the regional selling price of those parts. This allowed my field service techs to provide an on site quote to a customer without having to call 3 or 4 suppliers for pricing. This binder was updated on a regular basis.

I can't remember their name, and can't find anything like it thru google!

does anyone know if there is anything like this on line?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Are you looking for.....

Flat rate pricing guides? Just google that and you'll get plenty of hits. Online or printed books. But it's a big industry now, and it's definitely not $299 anymore.

Theres also apps for your iPhone/iPad, but the cheaper ones aren't really modifiable
    steve
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Bradford book perhaps

They are printed in NH I believe
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Reeves Journal

I had one on my desk.  It was huge and they sent me updates regularly.

The trick was to know what discounts your suppliers gave you.  Every supplier was different.  Cast iron pipe and fittings were something like "15% plus six 5's" which meant you deducted 15% from the list price and then deducted 5%, six times.  Every now and then, they would add or drop off one of the fives.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    We don't discus pricing!

We do not discus pricing here for obvious reasons! In Canada we have "Allpriser" which will have retail pricing and you have to deal with your suppliers to have your cost. They also put out "Winpriser" which is PC compatible. You can input your various supplier discounts.

Please refrain from discussing pricing and costs!
  • Easy, there.

I think we are within the guidelines here.  The M/M item was brought up just to show how cheap it used to be and there was no discussion about current pricing.  The overall discussion is about pricing guides in general.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    The Reeves model

used much in my area. Many places are going to figuring what we as plumbers pay as their cost plus a markup versus the older style of retail minus a discount. I just had this discussion with a branch manager recently.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
This discussion has been closed.