Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

how to evacuate a precharged unit

commando
commando Member Posts: 2
Im fresh out of school and 1 thing i didnt get to do was evac a precharged unit if any of you can help out and give me the steps to do i will greatly appreciate it....i have about 2 weeks to do a 30,000 dollar ac job @_@

Comments

• RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    evac

I am concerned you are a tackling such a large job with what I think your saying is no field exp.  for your safety and others have a journeyman show you the proper procedure
    RJ
  • Bart Vaio
    Bart Vaio Member Posts: 56
    I agree

If they didn't teach you something as fundamental and basic as evac what else did you miss out on? Sounds like you are doing the customer and the trade a disservice to attempt to finish this project without a qualified journeyman. Continuing on that line your employer should be advised or brought to task for saddling you with a project way outside of your capabilities. It's ok to ask your fellow employees for help, you shouldn't be winging it solo this early.
  • command0
    command0 Member Posts: 1
    re:

Listen i know how to do all the stuff but the only thing i didnt get to do is a precharged unit......i already know how to do everything else...so please just answer the question if u can dont bother cuz i have less than 2 weeks to start and i dont want to wait that long to figure it out
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    pre-charged

If were thinking of the same thing....a pre-charged condensing unit...then it was already evacuated by the manufacture....all you have to do is connect the refrigerant lines and evacuated the system then open the valves....but there is allot more involved than just what I just explained like purging with nitrogen while brazing...pulling a correct vacuum...with a micron gauge....like everyone has been saying two weeks fresh out of school is no time for anyone to be on a installation alone...especially if your asking how to evacuate a precharged system.... Paul S
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Really.

How about putting gas into an all electric car. Good Luck Kid!
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Rule one?

Be nice!

Sometimes you are better off hooking up with another contractor to be sure the job gets done right.

You have to start somewhere, The last thing you want is to make a bad first impression.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    "The last thing you want is to make a bad first impression."

Too late! :)
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • commando
    commando Member Posts: 2
    really!.... lol

Gas in an electric car lol **** move but funny
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited July 2013
    precharged.

I'm glad you like! So, let me ask you a Q , How do you evacuate a precharged unit? The proper information should be in the book from your school ,I would think. What book did you use in school? I may have a copy.
This discussion has been closed.