Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heatpro I would love to hook

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
up some time. I have been trying to reach you but no luck.

You seem to be one of the most experienced and knowledgeable people I have ever met here on Heating Help.

I have been looking for someone to take my place at my training center and with all your knowledge on everything no matter what you may be the one.

E-mail me at gastc@cox.net and I will set up a time and place to meet.

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    Tim I am flattered,

I'm not sure if my schedule would permit such I thing, but I will get in touch with you this week, I tried calling a few weeks back when I was rite down the road from you installing some Rinnai units, but had no luck, it was later than I expected to finish, but drilling through what I thought was a simple cement foundation that turned out to be granite covered in stucco proved to be quite time consuming...

I would love to sit in on a class {I am always looking to learn how others do things, I find myself preaching to the closed minded {albeit experienced} local guys' about sizing to heat loss, tuning for uniform minimum delivery temperatures, ect when we get together in the local squeky floor supply shops... Just today I was explaining how and why to run a second floor return for a first floor air handler to a gentleman in SPHS, and he has been doing duct work for 25 years and never thought about doing it {common practice for me when vaulted ceilings are in the picture}....

But I will definitely get in touch with you this week.... I am trying to talk my uncle into sending a few of his oil techs and getting them trained on gas to open his company up to gas service in addition to the oil {he has owned a well established full service oil company in Johnston since 1980}... I hate going by there and seeing the oil techs "hanging around" while they can be doing gas service and earning their paychecks....
  • Tim McElwain
    Have not heard from you -

I will be at my training center for an evening class on Thursday night (tomorrow night) May 23, 2013. e-mail me at gastc@cox.net or call 401-437-0557 to let me know if you can make it or not. I will be there from 5 PM until 9 PM. Located at 338 Metacom Ave, Warren RI.
  • heatpro02920
    Sorry Tim,

Been a very busy week, I am going to do my best to swing through there tomorrow night. I will be at our office around mid day but that is in West Greenwich... Kind of far from warren...
  • Tim McElwain
    I hope you can make it

I will have a class starting at 6 PM but will have time before class. You can sit in if you want for some of the class.
  • heatpro02920
    Going to do my best

I have a sales call at 5:00 in Cumberland. depending on how long that takes and traffic I will head over, I don't want to interrupt your class...
  • heatpro02920
    Sorry, Tim just got back to the office...

your class was started by the time I left the sales call, good news is got a signed proposal and a deposit to schedule the job.

call me - 419 0075

Tomorrow all I have to do is deliver a single boiler then 3 sales calls, and all day to do it, so I will be available almost all day. Give me a call and I will make it work...
  • Tim McElwain
    Finally hooked up with

HeatPro today we had a great time at my center talking about what we all do. The Gas Doctor was present and a gent from Carlin Burner so it was a very productive get together. It was great to finally hook up with HeatPro and see some of his jobs he has done. I hope he will share his pictures of some of his installations with all of you.
  • heatpro02920
    edited May 2013
    Tim you beat me to it

I met up with Tim today, and I was very impressed with him. You can instantly tell he has earned his knowledge with decades of experience (the best kind), he entertained us with stories about everything from his child hood basketball playing days to stories about old service calls...

I was even lucky enough to see him in action, while I was there a tech from a different country called to follow up with Tim about an issue Tim is helping a home owner with, and Tim made very short work of putting him in his place, with what can only be described as superior mechanical know how and experience... You can tell why he is a teacher, he has obviously mastered the art of conveying his ideas to other people, and honestly to have a man with this much "know how' not teaching would be a crime...

Thank you Tim for having me over, and I look forward to having a productive relationship with you in the future, I will definitely post some pictures of my work.
This discussion has been closed.