Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

QUESTION FOR THE MONTH

All welcome to try except Eugene.

Scenario, two houses side by side, both have been with out power for 2 days.Outdoor temperature 115F 90%rh. Inside temperature 98F 90%fh. Both house lost a compressor, both three ton scroll, house- a runs on r-22 house- b runs on 410a. Both systems use a fixed orFice on the indoor coil. Service company A arriVeS at house-a at 10:00 am to replace compressors. Service company B arrives 5 minutes later to house B to replace compressor. Service company A finishes, collects and leaves at 2:30 p.m. Service Company B finishes, collects and leaves at 9:30 pm. why so long.

PEACE NE WITH YOU

DAVID C. BROOME

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2013
    Compressors

I bet the company working on the system with R410A had a heck of a time charging their unit. Maybe they installed a second compressor as well?
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    A/C

House "A" had a service contract and paid a flat fee. House "B" called someone from the yellow pages, and paid time and materials?
  • heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited April 2013
    Oh c'mon

no AC talk yet, its still 30 at night over here... 410a doesn't like high ambients, but recovering, then holding, then flushing the system, and changing the txv, compressor, ect , then nitrogen testing, then vacc-ing it down, then charging it, it takes a lot of time... I have done my share, none of them are fun, although we dont normally get 115* ambients around here... maybe 98* but not very often... I can count on one hand how many triple digit days we have had in my memory..
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Freon

Moisture. It's harder to pull moisture out of a 410a system. If left open to long it is harder to get down to an acceptable micron reading.

James
This discussion has been closed.