Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien 240

Xmytruck
Xmytruck Member Posts: 85
Hello

Once in a while or I should say at least once a day we do not get hot water and it takes like a good two minutes before any hot water. What could cause this issue?

Thx

Comments

• HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    CH?

If you are referring to you CH combi, open the manual and find how to enable the DHW preheat function. When unit is heating it takes awhile to change over to domestic operation
  • Xmytruck
    Thx

Thx
  • Xmytruck
    edited February 2013
    how water recirculating pump

Hello

One more question my system has how water recirculating pump does help or should I still turn on the preheat? I should mention that it has thermostatically controlled pump ( i think there is box that is connected to the pipe with a romex wires connected to it) and the high temp board is set to low temp and dwh is set to 140. I will be setting the dwh down to 120 I think this is the cause the issue. I have seen this issue start right after the high temp board was installed and I was told that dip switch 7 and 8 was for hot water, which as you know on the high temp boards switch 8 is high temp and low temp setting. I also learned that if you have high temp set then you must have remote installed to controlled dhw. If I turn on the preheat how much more enery will that use?

Thx

X
This discussion has been closed.