Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bathroom renovation - how to remove and reconnect baseboard heater

Options
Hello,

I am in the middle of a full bathroom renovation. In order to replace the subfloor all the way to the wall and the sheetrock behind it, I need to remove a functioning cast iron baseboard heater for a short time and then reconnect it and return it to functional. There is a shut of value in the basement near the boiler for this radiator alone, so it will be easy to isolate.

I do not know how to remove the water from the heater to prevent spilling it all over the ceiling below. Also if I can mechanically disconnect easily or have to use a torch to disconnect the copper fittings that lead to it? Finally once I get it back into place, how do I re-fill with water and purge the air from that circuit?

Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Your project?

In short the electrical power and gas need to be shut off and tagged out.  You can then shut off the water supplying the boiler and drain through drain cock.  I rather you call a contractor to do this as it will give you less head aches in the long run.  It will not take long at all to do this so give him a call. 

Mike T.
  • hoopsmt44
    hoopsmt44 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. If that's the case, I won't take a chance on it.
This discussion has been closed.