Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Restoration of my Dunham Air Eliminator!

Options
Ban
Ban Member Posts: 79
I have finished the restoration of my Dunham Air Eliminator 220. Everything is original except for the check-disk, brass plug and stainless steel screws have been updated. I tried to match the color the best I could from what I saw on the metal to be the first and original layer of paint.

Now I have to install it!
Richard Ban
Detroit, Michigan (Dunham 2-pipe vacuum)

Comments

• Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Options
    Beautiful!!

Very Nice Job!  The Air Eliminator Looks Great!!
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Dunham

I wonder...should this be labeled as NSFW? Looks awesome. You'll get another 100 years out of it now.
  • Ban
    Options
    100year

I know. I was going to use brass fittings but stopped myself at the plug. This stuff can become a bit of an obsession. I had the realization that I will be long gone and this thing will (hopefully) still be working.
    Richard Ban
  • moneypitfeeder
    moneypitfeeder Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Really Nice Job!

Looks great, you really did nice work on that, hope you get many years of use from it!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ban
    Options
    Installed!

I finally re-installed the air eliminator as well as replaced the nearby rotten pipes. It was 60 degrees here yesterday but now we are back to 25 here in Michigan so I will be firing it soon. I have a crossover trap to install which I just got in the mail yesterday. Cross your fingers and hope I obtain a least a couple inches of mercury!
    Richard Ban
  • Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Options
    Looks Like New

Ban, Nice job!  It should work great!
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
  • Ban
    Options
    It should work great,

as long as my 90 year old valves, pipes and fittings don't have any leaks under vacuum. That will be next years task [ :) ].
    Richard Ban
This discussion has been closed.