Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Restoration of my Dunham Air Eliminator!

Ban
Ban Member Posts: 79
I have finished the restoration of my Dunham Air Eliminator 220. Everything is original except for the check-disk, brass plug and stainless steel screws have been updated. I tried to match the color the best I could from what I saw on the metal to be the first and original layer of paint.

Now I have to install it!
Richard Ban
Detroit, Michigan (Dunham 2-pipe vacuum)

Comments

• Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Beautiful!!

Very Nice Job!  The Air Eliminator Looks Great!!
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Dunham

I wonder...should this be labeled as NSFW? Looks awesome. You'll get another 100 years out of it now.
  • Ban
    100year

I know. I was going to use brass fittings but stopped myself at the plug. This stuff can become a bit of an obsession. I had the realization that I will be long gone and this thing will (hopefully) still be working.
    Richard Ban
  • moneypitfeeder
    moneypitfeeder Member Posts: 249
    Really Nice Job!

Looks great, you really did nice work on that, hope you get many years of use from it!
    steam newbie
  • Ban
    Installed!

I finally re-installed the air eliminator as well as replaced the nearby rotten pipes. It was 60 degrees here yesterday but now we are back to 25 here in Michigan so I will be firing it soon. I have a crossover trap to install which I just got in the mail yesterday. Cross your fingers and hope I obtain a least a couple inches of mercury!
    Richard Ban
  • Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,785
    Looks Like New

Ban, Nice job!  It should work great!
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
  • Ban
    It should work great,

as long as my 90 year old valves, pipes and fittings don't have any leaks under vacuum. That will be next years task [ :) ].
    Richard Ban
This discussion has been closed.