Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furnace wont heat- blower is fine and I hear a click for sparker

My gas Furnace does not have a pilot light. the blower is working fine and coordinating well with the thermostat. I hear a "click" at the right time for the gas to be fired up, but no flame comes on. what might my problem be.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Does the blower

shut off when you turn the thermostat down? If it does not then it is probably an open limit somewhere on the furnace.

I assume when you say the blower you are talking about the fan that blows heat through the house and not the combustion air blower.

When you hear the click which may be the gas valve attempting to open did you have anything else making noise before that? 
  • Smith19
    Smith19 Member Posts: 108
    Hot surface ignition

You've got contact/hot surface ignition if there is no pilot light on the unit. instead of a pilot, a prong will be electrically heated in the path of the gas lances until it's visibly glowing orange, and once the gas contacts this, it ignites. The hot surface ignitors go bad every so often. But when you say no pilot, does this mean your pilot's out, or the furnace has not pilot with it? The latter is what I've been talking about.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.