Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ipad

Zman
Zman Member Posts: 7,561
Hi all,

Just got a new Ipad. What are your favorite heating apps?

How do convert dvd's you own to play on it?

Carl
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
Albert Einstein

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Favorite

Carl,

IBooks is my fav. Have it set up by product manfacture with my shelfs full of each products price book, literature and manuals. Nothing like having everything you need when you get on a job.

Taco, Grundfoss, US Boiler, HTP and B&G all have nice apps. Been using an IPad for a long time. Great tool.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    My wife knows better than me...

Something about having to have iTunes on another PC that can burn your discs to memory, then use iTunes to "Sync" your PC to your iPad.

I listen to Pandora all the time, so I don't try and transfer my whole (all 12) disc's to my iPad or iPhone.

I see that the System Syzer now has an iPad app. Funny story about Macintosh in general, I bought one because of its "Superior visual graphics". While in the Apple Store, I asked one of the AppGeeks what the best drawing program for use on a Mac was, and this kid quickly looked around to make sure that no one important was within ear shot turns and tells me "Just use MS Visio, it's the best..."

So much for superior graphics capabilities.

I use mine more for show and tell (photograph albums and video recordings) than anything. I'm going to try and use it as a portable video camera soon to see if it would be possible to do a webinar in "real time" and have the ability to give guided tours of some of the systems I see and work on.

I also use my iPad when I am in the mountains to control my house up there (Climate Automation Systems, ENV controls).

I find it fairly cumbersome to try and type on, even with a remote (wireless) keyboard, but I have stumps and clubs for fingers.
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    edited December 2012
    Photo stream

I love the photo stream if you have an iPhone really handy for taking pictures on the job then studying them when you're back in your office

Especially those steam Boiler jobs

Also love the good reader app
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    edited December 2012
    My wife knows better than me?

I 'm sure of that. Those keyboards are tiny. Broncocs are there.
  • Paul Rohrs_14
    Paul Rohrs_14 Member Posts: 80
    Facetime

Seems like I have been traveling a lot this past year and I use Facetime quite a bit.

After working all day, I can get to my room and use Facetime to quiz my daughter on her spelling words face-to-face.  Not as nice as being there, but for now it will have to do.

Think about Facetime on a troubleshoot.   You dial up our Tech Line and now we can See & Hear what you are working on. 

Merry Christmas,

Paul Rohrs

Lochinvar, LLC
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    dropbox

i use dropbox for everything, syncs over all platforms and devices instantly
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Thank You

That's for the responses.I am still working through the apps.

It turns out the way to do the kids DVD's is to buy ripping software. Winx works for most.

Happy Holidays

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.