Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

recessed radiator on interior wall

CapeCod
CapeCod Member Posts: 67
I need to add a couple radiators in my kitchen and bathroom where floor space is critical.  I have panel radiators in the rest of the house that build out about 4 inches from the wall.  I'd like to install the same type of radiators in the kitchen and bathroom by framing out a niche into the wall.  I've read about recessed radiators being a bad idea on exterior walls because of decreased insulation but are there any concerns about recessing them into interior walls.  Any minimum distances to allow top, sides, etc.? Or probably the radiator manufacturer specifies that in their literature?  It would be completely open in the front so I assume there is no significant loss in efficiency? Thanks!

Comments

• CapeCod
    recessed rad pic

just for clarification, this is what I am thinking
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    ?

Staple-up radiant?
  • CapeCod
    staple up

thought about staple up but was concerned about expansion noises and also, due to a buildup of several layers of flooring over the years I think I would have to run at a pretty high temperature to get the right amount of output.
  • BobAls
    BobAls Member Posts: 7
    How about using Radiant Wall?

I've used hydronic radiant walls as an option in the past.............has worked well and is an option to radiant floors in situations like Timberframe homes that have wood ceilings between first and second floor where you can't easily hide the tubing runs.

Bob
This discussion has been closed.