Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need help with controlling pumps

TLM
TLM Member Posts: 38
I have just installed a Biasi B10-4 oil fired boiler with a Hydrolevel control to an existing system that has 3 zones controlled by Taco zone valves and a Smart 50 indirect on a pump. Supply house suggested a Taco ZVC 404 because I can allegedly control a DHW pump off of it on the priority zone. By following the wiring diagram we (electrician and myself) tied in the DHW pump and the system pump as per the Taco instructions. When one of the heating zones calls, the valve opens and the system pump does its thing. When the DHW calls both pumps come on. How do I get the system pump to NOT operate? I am not tied into the hydrolevel control cuz I figured the Taco board will control everything.
Mount Pleasant Plumbing and Heating Inc

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561

I am assuming your DHW Circ is tied to the zone 4 N/O relay and the  system circ is to the extra TT?

If the system circ takes it's power from the N/C side of the DHW relay that should do it.

Just jumper from N/C to  TT were the power goes now. The system circ will lose power when the dhw energizes.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • TLM

The system circ is tied into the extra rdy contacts along with the dhw circ. the dhw is on the com and n/c.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Did you Jump

3 and 4 on the priority zone where the zone valve would normally be used? Page 30..

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/100-92.pdf
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • TLM

yes
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561

It will work as I described, The trick is to power 1 circ on no the other on nc. 
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.