Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aluminum Radiant Floor Panel

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone knows of a aluminum floor panel for hydronic radiant heat that you would use for a concrete over pour.  I had someone tell me that they have seen an aluminum panel that has grooves for the tubing to seat in and there is no insulation and/or rubber or plastic either.  It is just a straight aluminum panel.  Has anyone heard of such an animal?  Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    floor panel

Not quite sure what you're looking for here -- where would the tubing g?  Above the plate?  Below the plate?  Either way you have to put it somewhere.

Is the concrete poured on grade?  If so, you're going to want some insulation between the tubing and the slab.  http://www.roth-usa.com/products_radiant_panelsystem.cfm is the best solution I know of for this application.
  • Sunboardpanel
    Sunboardpanel Member Posts: 2
    Sunboardpanel

Did you know North East Hydronic Radiant Inc. is now manufacturing Sunboard Radiant Heat Panels is three sizes? Since we manufacture Sunboardpanel at our own facility in Bohemia, New York we can customize a panel to meet all needs.

We are proud to say Sunboardpanel is manufactured in the USA.

www.sunboardpanel.com
  • SWEI
    Sunboard Panels

What R-value do your panels have?
  • Sunboardpanel
    Sunboardpanel Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    R-Value

Please visit our website and review technical data.

www.sunboardpanel.com
  • SWEI
    R-value

R=0.5 won't do much for downward losses with slab on grade.

Roth panel is R=3.7 or R=4.5 but it's not cheap.  I wish we had a viable domestic alternative.
This discussion has been closed.