Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

30 year old Bryant

bob_17
bob_17 Member Posts: 14
I have a Bryant gas furnace that is 30 years old . When the thermostat calls the blower will come on but the gas won't. I think the limit switch is bad. I have no wiring diagram. How can I test it..

Comments

• VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    testing controls

I'd be useful to know which Bryant, or take a pic showing the inside of the furnace.

Generally a lot of furnaces of that era have a control that will turn the fan on a set amount of time after a call for heat, so if you turn the thermostat up and the fan goes on after a delay, you are looking for an open flame roll out switch, the pressure switch not making, or the vent safety switch open.  Will the ignitor glow?  If the fan comes on immediately, then the fan high limit switch may be open.  Also note many furnace controls will run the fan for 2 min if the thermostat is calling for heat on power up.

Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Model number serial number

and some pictures of the controls, gasd valve etc. will help us to help you.
This discussion has been closed.