Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien CH-240 ASME Outdoor reset Connection

vicpj1
vicpj1 Member Posts: 4
HI, I have a Navien CH-240 ASME and I'm trying to install the outdoor temp sensor. I bought the sensor pt. # NASS9EXOS001 but it didn't come with a cable.I thought I could connect thermostat wire right to the circuit board, but there is a small 2 pin connector on the board. Has anyone installed one of these. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...   Thanks.. Victor in Swansea, Ma.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Sensor

The wiring harness comes with the boiler. You may need to order that, too.
  • vicpj1
    wiring harness

Jstar thanks for the reply. I have searched on-line for the harness, but can't find anything. Is that something i need to order from Navien...
  • JohnHenry_2
    JohnHenry_2 Member Posts: 70
    The connector

The pigtail connector comes with the unit. It has blue wire on mine. If it didn't come with the unit, call Navien and have them send you one.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • vicpj1
    wiring harness

I called Navien, they are sending me the wire with the molex connector free of charge.   thanks for the replies....
  • JohnHenry_2
    JohnHenry_2 Member Posts: 70
    If you're working on your own system

You might want to have them send you a service manual if you don't already have one. The I & O manuals come with the unit and are available online but the service manual seems to have to come directly from Navien.

I've found their support to be excellent.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • vicpj1
    Service Manual

Heres a link for the service manual

bostonheatingsupply.com/Navien/CH%20Service%20Manual.pdf
This discussion has been closed.