Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Combustion Alayzers

will smith_4
will smith_4 Member Posts: 259
Hey folks-

Anyone have any thoughts on the UEI Eagle X analyzer? We do a lot of combustion analysis, and are not impressed at all with the performance/repair-calibration costs we see with some of the "go to" manufacturers. This UEI unit says that (for a limited time)-if you buy one, calibration and service costs (I'm sure up to a point, anyway) are covered for 5 years.

They are either hoping for the best, have very clever lawyers, or maybe they have a product they believe in and stand behind-I'm hoping for the latter. I've had UEI multi meters through the years that I thought were top notch, but none of us has dealt with the combustion analyzers-any input is appreciated-

Thanks-

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    edited October 2012
    I have not....

had good luck w/ UEI combustion meters. Hence the reason I took the brand new one back that I bought and used. I ended up w/ a Wohler 335
  • will smith_4
    MMM Hmmm

Thanks for the heads up
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    One word.

TESTO

I love my Testo 327. I will never use another brand.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited October 2012
    UEI C155

My post on hvac-talk last December:

Local rep put me on the phone with Dave Wheaton at UEI this morning - very helpful and well informed guy. There are  factory-installed BlueTooth and RS-232 options. You can add them later  (or upgrade a C155 to a C157 with NOx) by sending to the mothership in Oregon. They appear to have put a lot of  thought into this and are offering five years of full coverage  (including the CO sensor and calibration) on the C155 and C157 through the end of January so I'm going to give them a shot.

CO2 cell technology seems well proven. In my world, emailing my results beats a finicky thermal printer any day.
  • will smith_4
    thats the thing-

When I saw they had a 5 year warranty, I figured they must have faith in their product. Testo has been a little salty when it comes to sensor replacement-not that they are alone in that category
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Call UEI and ask for Dave Wheaton

Throw some tough questions at him and see what you think.
This discussion has been closed.