Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant heat not working..cold area..possible pipe problem

Options
Miro
Miro Member Posts: 3
As i was renovating my bathroom the plumber accidentally cut thru a copper radiant heat pipe, n then replaced it with a plastic one..but now i turn on the boiler n up the temperature for hours n i feel no radiant heat whatsoever...ihave no floor leaks n i know its not the boiler bec upstairs i have baseboard heating n it works fine...what happened to it...Is it a pump problem...its a really old boiler w rusty pipe

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Was it...

well bled?  I know it sounds obvious, but the loop worked before.  Unless he pinched the pipe, or left something in it, some old crud broke loose and made its way to the circulator.

If you can, I would isolate and bleed the zone again, circulator off.  If it gets warm, then you can eliminate that and check the circ, wiring, and controls (t-stat)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Miro
    Options
    The plumber

checked on the new pipe before he closed up n he made sure the water was going thru it...does that mean that everything was ok w it....thx steven..
  • Miro
    Options
    The plumber

checked on the new pipe before he closed up n he made sure the water was going thru it...does that mean that everything was ok w it....thx steven..
This discussion has been closed.