Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

trainagle tubes new prestige

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,111
Wondering if anyone has used the newer model with the updated control which will do 2 temperture reset like low temp ,hi temp .I realize that mixing valves will still have to be used on the low temp but i figures this would be real nice on radiant systems where the radiant does not meet the lose and a secong stage is hi temp .Anyone used this newer control on the prestige and how did it perform for you .Thanks peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Good stuff

The prestige works as advertised. The interface is easier than the old one. Hopefully the homeowner won't get to curious as you can change quite a bit without an access code.

I used it to set up 2 slightly different low temp curves for different zones and it seems to be working well. I am doing one next week for a 2 zone hot water baseboard system. The zones have different heat losses (one in the basement).I am planning on having a different curve for each zone.

I like your 2 stage idea. Let us know how it works.

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    Thanks Carl

Thanks for the input Carl,this is going in on a real tough one thats going to reguire alot of secondary as if the radiant is fantansty which in fact it is .The HO would like us reuse the mod con he has and add another but there physically is no room for 2 boilers no less the indirect tank also  and then a tekmar 2 stage control just to much unneccessary stuff and to much added expensise espically since the guy has spent 2 times the real amount for the job being that all he has had do work on it where FOS and had not even a clue on what they where doing the radiant is a total wash and the boiler piping is also a total goner.The only plus is all the copper scape since the primary loop was incorrectly sized for the gpm and the load a real mess .Thanks again for your input Carl and i will let ya know how it turns out inabout a week or 2 being this is a 5 or so hour drive away ,Peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
This discussion has been closed.