Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Cooling

Greetings,

I am working on a 6,000 sq. home which continues to grow. The homeowner has added a guest bedroom, bath and foyer area in the basement, incorporating 481 sq. ft. Heating will be provided via radiant floor using Uponor or equal QuickTrak floor panel on top of the existing concrete floor. But the heat gain is only 1,250 Btuh. Since the cooling load is less than 2.5 btu/sq.ft, I am inclined to install some QuickTrak on the ceiling and circulate chilled water through the panels. I would control humidity with a Thermastor Products UltraAir XT-70 dehumidifier with a duct system to provide air movement and ventilation air. Any comments on this plan?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Sq. ft.

That's a really low load. Where did those numbers come from?
  • Housedoc
    Housedoc Member Posts: 66
    Loads

Manual J 8th edition, Elite Software.....The smallest zone is in a basement with one wall exposed to daylight. The other zone has two walls exposed, with a large overhang facing south. Windows are triple pane with low SHGC and walls are R-30.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Cooling Won't Work

Need the slab and you may have a shot at it. Hopefully have 5/8" in the slab but 3/4" would be preferred.. No way your going to do it in the ceiling with 5/16 tubing..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.