Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronics Roundtable Event

Dan Foley
Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
ACCA-RHC (Radiant & Hydronics Council) is holding its fall conference in Providence, RI September 11 & 12.  Here is a link to the program:

<a href="http://www.hydronicsroundtable.com/">www.hydronicsroundtable.com</a>

We have a great line-up of speakers including Hot Rod, Robert Bean, Siggy, John Barba, John Abularrage, Bill Shady, Greg Jannone, Jeff Persons, and Brian Stack.  You won't find as talented a group of speakers in one place anywhere else. 

Richard Trethewey is scheduled to give the keynote address.  As a pioneer of modern radiant floor heat in North America, Rich has a unique perspective on the market.  He will candidly share his thoughts and leave you thinking.

The conference is conveniently located at the Providence Marriott.  I hope to see plenty of Wallies there.

- Dan Foley

Comments

• John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    edited July 2012
    ACCA Attacka!

This is going to be one hot event! Looking forward to seeing everyone there and being able to listen to some great speakers! Honored to be able to share the stage with some of the best in the business!

My program will be "How to Estimate Fuel and Electrical Usage in Hydronic Systems." It's a little more in depth than "use the force..."

If you haven't signed up, do it today! It's gonna be an EVENT!!!!
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    edited July 2012

• rb_6
    rb_6 Member Posts: 222
    edited August 2012
    One Two punch

ACCA Attacka - indeed...looking forward to being the student of some great talent and sharing some cool stuff of my own like...

Part 1. Why and How To Do Radiant Cooling in High Humidity Geographies

Part 2. Simplified Control and Piping Strategies for Reversible Radiant Cooling and Heating Systems

I remember talking about radiant cooling here with Dan's Tribe of Wet Heads almost a decade ago and now today radiant cooling is in the top echelon of high performance buildings around the world…

Following Johns lead…we’re gonna knock the radiant cooling condensation paranoia out of the ring!

Here's a fact…100% of all condensation problems in buildings conditioned exclusively with air did not have radiant cooling panels to blame…

Going to be fun - see you there!

Bean
  • siggy
    siggy Member Posts: 79
    ACCA Hydronics Roundtable

Year after year, I hear from those who want better training in various topics related to hydronics and radiant panel heating. ACCA formed the Radiant and Hydronics Council to specifically address these requests from within its contractor membership. ACCA's efforts are the start of a new "integrated comfort" movement that's been waiting to bud out for some time now.

The Hydronics Roundtable event has been thoughtfully put together, with lots of professional peer input. It will address a wide range of heating professionals; from those just entering the field, to seasoned practitioners. This event has been in planning for several months, and is sure to be the premier hydronics conference of the year. It will focus on the state-of-the-art in hydronics, and how to profit from deploying the best concepts now available.

Attendees who come away with just ONE new design or installation detail can likely recover the investment in attending this event on their next job, and then go on to profit from that detail on many future jobs. This event will be a "detail rich environment" where many seasoned hydronics pros openly share what to do, as well as what to avoid.

I look forward to the new energy that is sure to be generated at this event, and hope to see many "wallies" in Providence.

siggy
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I'm booked to do a seminar in Maryland and can't make this one.

But if not for that prior commitment I'd be there. ACCA has put together a terrific gathering with this one. I'm looking forward to participating in future events such as this one.
    Retired and loving it.
  • rb_6
    rb_6 Member Posts: 222
    Bookem Dano

I'll be looking forward to those ACCA - "Holohan on location" events...I missed the Holohan Barba show...who does that? Must have been coming out of a Canadian brain hibernation...geesh. 
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Providence

Looking forward to catching up with everyone in September.  Sgn up now because it is looking like this is going to sell out as space is limted.  - DF
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Would love to attend...

But travel time is a deal killer right now.

How about someplace west of the Mississippi in 2013?
This discussion has been closed.