Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PH Levels & Cast Iron Baseboard

Options
Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can get these? It is to check the PH Level?  It would be handy for use on boilers that are PH sensitive. I have also attached a pic of some cast iron baseboard.  One is 12ft long the other 9ft X 6long but both are only 6" heigh.  I believe this product has been discontinued but I need to replace a section of it.  Does anyone know where we can get this cast iron baseboard? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    PH Meter

I don't know about that particular meter, but digital meters are cheap and readily available.Just get some buffer solution with a known ph, so you can check the calibration and accuracy of the meter.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Options
    That is a HACH PH and Iron tester

I use that same tester to test drinking water. You install the color wheel and then fill the tube to a certain level and add 6 drops of indicator solution to your water sample. The sample will turn color according to its ph. Then you spin the color wheel and mach the closest color. That is your ph.

It is not a good choice for boiler ph because other chemicals in the system could affect your reading.

Use a electronic unit
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    Ok thanks guys

Could anyone recomend an electronic one for test ing boiler water
This discussion has been closed.