Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

target wall or not?

Bill_70-2
Bill_70-2 Member Posts: 1
I have a Riello F 5 burner in my home, has worked great for 10 years. Today the service guy said i needed a $650.00 chamber or maybe a target wall...? Is this a scam? How can the burner work great for ten years and now need this chamber or target wall? And how come no other service guy ini the last 10 years ever said anything about this? Could it be a safety issue? Any comments greatly appreciated.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Target Walls:

I'm not second guessing you service tech.

If the flame is bouncing off the back of the block W/O a target, you need a target wall.

You didn't say what kind of a boiler you have. That makes a difference.
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    nozzle

mechanic must pick the right nozzle to accommodate for shape and dimensions of the fire chamber. Get a good mechanic to work on your boiler. as per chamber , it depends on what kind of boiler you have
  • mellow_3
    mellow_3 Member Posts: 8
    chambers

A chamber in a boiler will need to be replaced at some point. It is made of a pressed fiberglass material and can break down over time. this can cause the boiler to run less eff. Like buying tires for a car ---- this will keep your boiler running..
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    edited July 2012
    What is the boiler and model ??

All the infomation i got from your post was you have a F-5  there is no way to guess what you need based on that !!! Some boilers dont require a chamber. The buderus and others have  no chamber and dont need one if properly set up.
This discussion has been closed.