Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Square......................

Al_19
Al_19 Member Posts: 170
Does anyone have any experience with this "Square" credit card reader for iphones and androids?

Also, any comment on the ser vice itself for accepting credit cards?

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    It's ok

If you plan on not taking that many cards it's not bad. The rate is kinda high if you do a lot of cards. My wife who works for a credit union said their security was not that great.( I think it was just a good sales pitch by the company they use.). Therefore I don't use them any more. But in the eight months I used them I never had a problem getting my money out of them.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    edited May 2012
    I use them

for my credit card service..they have been fine..i always have been paid and its very easy..i tried quickbooks prior to them and it was a pain.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Al_19
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses guys. My customers only ask about using cards occasionally, but it would be nice to be able to accept them. A number of years ago I had it set up, but there was a fee for the service, a fee for leasing the machine, a fee for AmEx specifically,.......It was a pia, and expensive monthly, even if I didn't use it.

I will give this a try.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    We started using it at seminars and trade shows.

We love it. It's simple and fast and they deposit the money in two days. Works so well off an iPad or iPhone. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Al_19
    Thanks Dan.............

I'm downloading the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Will see how it works on that.

Thanks again guys.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I hope

you get to use it a LOT this year. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    it's not a bad deal

for some merchants.  Their discount rate is high, but they recently eliminated their swipe fee -- which is a huge win for merchants with low average transaction amounts like small restaurants and crafstpeople.  If your average transaction is over $100, a swipe fee does not represent a significant percentage of a sale so you should be able to negotiate a more favorable deal using more traditional merchant channels.
This discussion has been closed.