Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant layout

Jim Pompetti
Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
What would be the amount of tube that can be laid a day. Its a  warehouse area not any upstructions.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Jim......

What size tubing & how are you fastening it? Staple up w/without plates, staple down for wet bed, subray, warmboard, tying to wire mesh?
    steve
  • Jim Pompetti
    radiant

18 ins on center , tying to wire mesh
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    It depends upon the method used...

If you will be tying by hand, you can figure about an hour to an hour and a half per 250 foot loop.

If you spend the money for a nice rebar tying tool, the time falls back significantly to about an hour per loop.

It also depends upon the person doing the work. You or I will probably take a lot longer than the young Jamie would take... We don't get up and down as easy as we used to...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    tracking

I like tracking and have been using it exclusively for the past 10 years, I can lay a 250-300ft loop in a 1/2 hour average. Tying to rebar or mesh really sucks. ;P
  • Jim Pompetti
    ME

If I was tying it ,I'm sure it would be 1 1/2 days per loop
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Alot

Use the radiant matts and you can drop alot of tubing in a day.

http://www.uponorpro.com/Extranet%20Home/Products%20and%20Applications/Products/Overview.aspx
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.