Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

rinnai 75 combi mod range

jjwest
jjwest Member Posts: 6
Does anybody have an idea on the actual working modulation range of the ng Rinnai E75c? The unit I have always cuts out at about 25kbtu. The specs say it should go to 17kbtu. Is this normal for the Rinnai because of better combustion efficiency?

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    LP

If your boiler is hooked to Propane it will not go as low as natural gas.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • jjwest
    Natural Gaz

Good guess, but no. It's NG. Is there any chance the computer thinks it's LP? The Rinnai tech laundry list hasn't found the problem yet so I was hoping for dumb mistake suggestions like "did you hook it up to propane?"
  • jjwest
    Natural Gaz

Good guess, but no. It's NG. Is there any chance the computer thinks it's LP? The Rinnai tech laundry list hasn't found the problem yet so I was hoping for dumb mistake suggestions like "did you hook it up to propane?"
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Possible

It's possible, the conversion is a chip on the board and a orifice for the gas valve. It could have the wrong chip. The combustion numbers would be off if the orifice was in there. But the chip would keep it from modulating all the way down.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    How are the gas pressures?

Aaron is correct on the chip/orifice, but gas pressures enter into this as well. Was this unit factory supplied as NG or converted?
  • Jack
    Another thing...

Check the min. Input setting in the set-up procedure. Perhaps the min setting was re-set to a higher number.
  • jjwest
    Min mod setting

What parameter # is this?

Factory Gas

I'm going to get another meter.

Thanks
  • Jack
    Was speaking with a firend

and he suggested that you power it down and then up. The first thing that will show on start-up is the software version and it will show a 1 for ng or a P for propane. While unlikely perhaps there is a mix of orifiice/chip.

Min/max setting is parameter 3. Reading is in kw, so X 3414 for btu.
  • jjwest
    Could the system just be under radiated?

I don't see the delta causing it to shut down instead of mod down, but maybe I'm wrong. It is the correct software version. I thought parameter 3 was only for max fire.? When parameter 3 is at its lowest setting, it does fire at 17kbtu.
This discussion has been closed.