Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil/Gas Consulting and Training

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
For my friends in the oil heating business I would like to assist you if you are perhaps looking at getting into the gas side of the business. In particular I specialize in training your service techs on the servicing of natural gas and propane equipment.

I am presently consulting with several oil companies who are definitely thinking about moving in that direction.

We have also in the past two years conducted training for a number of oil companies who are now servicing gas equipment and doing it effectively.

I am also able to assist you if you are looking into the delivery side of the propane business. I am a certified instructor and test proctor for the propane industry CETP program (Certified Education and Training Program).

Please feel free to contact me at 401-437-0557 or e-mail gastc@cox.net .

I look forward to serving you

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Tim

you get my vote for gas training. I have been kicking this around as a way to keep very reluctant customers from leaving my company. They don't want to be left without our oil company service. You will most definitely be my first choice. 
  • Tim McElwain
    Just a word to explain

this is what I do for a business to pay the mortgage. Sorry if any confusion that this service was being offered by HeatingHelp.com as a free service. Dan allows me privilege to post here and assumes no financial responsibility of any kind for what I do.

The reason for this post was due to a couple of inquires for this service and mis read it as being offered free of charge by HeatingHelp. They also claimed they had attended Dans seminars and those were always free, I wonder about that?
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    no need to explain Tim

No one in their right mind would or should expect free education. You know what they say about getting something for nothing.
  • Tim McElwain
    Question of Qualification

Some have questioned my qualifications to teach gas heating and related equipment.

No I do not have a doctorate, masters in education. I do have a bachelors degree in business.

I have been involved in this business believe it or not since I was 9 years old and I am now 72 years old.

Without boring everyone with the rest of my qualifications I did not come from the oil industry but I am more than qualified to teach oil controls, burners and combustion (did so with Honeywell when I worked with them). Some from the oil side who may be getting into teaching gas I am sure if they really search it out will find there is a lot more diversity in the gas heating business which adds somewhat to its complexity. I feel I am more than qualified to do this teaching to help my friends from the oil side to diversify there offerings to their customers should it be needed.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Qualifications?

Anyone who has spent any time here at all has no doubt of your qualifications!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Tim McElwain
    I would hope so Robert

but I keep getting these strange e-mails from people who I really don't think are to checked out about our industry but are in management positions in company's and responsible for setting up training. They are inclined to look for someone with a teaching degree.
  • Tim McElwain
    I am welcoming more and more

oil companies into the gas side of the business at least on the service side. It is a good place to start before going the big expense of getting into Propane delivery. We have consulting and courses to help you with both so join up with all your other friends and my friends on the oil side and expand your business.
This discussion has been closed.